Workplace Intruder: Smart Preparation for Personal Safety (CE: 0.5)
Workplaces are prone to many different risks. Emergencies are unexpected, often chaotic events wherein rational thinking often does not prevail. In recent years, the US has faced a proliferation of workplace-intruder incidents due to several factors, including domestic problems spilling into work, worker revenge, mental instability, and terrorism. Just as workplaces prepare for fires with emergency drills, employees also can ready themselves for other emergencies such as workplace intruders. When emotions risk overshadowing a careful response, employees can best prevent, mitigate, or protect themselves from violent incidents through preparation.
- Indicate the signs of a distressed coworker who may be prone to violence
- Define the framework to run, hide, or fight in the event of an intruder
- Provide examples of how best to follow law enforcement and emergency responders’ direction
- List ways to help others who are injured in an intruder event
- Indicate how best to take care of yourself following an intruder event
Expiration Date - 12 months from the date of the first-course launch