Point-of-Care Testing Specialist REACH Certificate (6.0 CE and Digital Badge)
- Discuss regulatory requirements of POCT.
- Outline different types of POCT instrumentation and describe verification and validation processes for these instruments.
- Describe the steps involved in establishing connectivity for POCT devices.
- Explain quality control and quality assessment processes for POCT.
- List proper specimen collection procedures to ensure operator and patient safety.
Course Modules (8):
- Fundamentals of POCT
- Regulation and Management
- Instrumentation and Validation
- Quality Control
- Specimen Collection
- POCT Leadership
This course is ideal for current or aspiring MTs or MLTs, other laboratory professionals, or anyone interested in gaining higher-level, specialist knowledge about POCT.
Kimberly Cheuvront, PhD, MBA, MT (ASCP, AMT)
Robert Newberry, MT (AMT)
Upon passing the final assessment, you will be awarded:
- 6.0 CEs
- A certificate of completion
- A digital badge that can be shared on social media, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
The certificate and digital badge expire 3 years after completion.
Updated: September 2022