Immunization Certificate (6.0 CE and Digital Badge)
The Immunization REACH Certificate is designed to develop the skills of healthcare professionals who want to learn more about managing, administering, and documenting vaccinations. This REACH Certificate includes in-depth lessons on various topics, including the importance of vaccines in controlling infectious disease, the various types of vaccines, proper vaccine storage and handling, how to address vaccine myths and vaccine hesitancy with patients, and proper vaccination documentation. The Immunization REACH Certificate will add value for healthcare professionals who wish to grow their knowledge of immunizations and increase their fluency in the topic with patients and providers.
- Describe the importance of vaccinations in controlling
infectious diseases and how the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program works.
- Define the importance and specifics of proper vaccine
storage and handling.
- Address vaccine myths and discuss vaccine hesitancy and
- Explain proper vaccine preparation, administration,
disposal, and use of the Vaccine Information Statement (VIS).
- Define immunization-related adverse events and describe
the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
- Describe proper vaccination documentation and the use
of an immunization information system (IIS).
Course Modules (6):
- Vaccination Overview
- Storage and Handling
- Preparation and Administration
- Adverse Events
Participants should have a basic working knowledge of immunization techniques. This course is designed for medical assistants, nurses, physician assistants, and other allied health professionals who administer immunizations and address vaccine hesitancy.
Upon passing the final assessment, you will be awarded:
- 6.0 CEs
- A certificate of completion, and
- A digital badge that can be shared on social media,
such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
The certificate and digital badge expire two years after completion.
Updated: October 2021