Medical Assisting in Orthopaedics Certificate (6.0 CE and Digital Badge)
Large orthopaedic practices seek medical assistants that have more thorough knowledge of orthopaedic concepts, principles, and terminology. This REACH Certificate will help you grow your skill set and increase your value in an orthopaedic workplace through in-depth lessons on the musculoskeletal system, diagnosis and treatment of common orthopaedic disorders, an overview of durable medical equipment, and how to provide high quality patient care in an orthopaedic environment.
This REACH Certificate Course contains 5 modules, which you can complete at your own pace. Upon completion of the course and successful passing of the final assessment, you will receive a digital badge* to share on social media.
- Identify and describe the anatomical components of the musculoskeletal system.
- Explain how the components of the musculoskeletal system work together.
- Discuss common orthopaedic disorders, tests used to confirm the diagnosis, and treatment options.
- Recognize and describe medical durable equipment used for orthopaedics.
- Be prepared to provide high-quality patient care in an orthopaedic environment.
This course designed to advance the skills,
knowledge, and competencies of health care professionals who currently work in,
or are interested in developing the skills necessary to work in, an orthopaedic
Deborah Janeczko, RMA(AMT)
Lisa Toney, CMA
Sarah VanDenBossche, RMA
*Digital badge expires 3 years from completion date.