Point-of-Care Testing Specialist Certificate (5.0 CE and Digital Badge)
The Point-of-Care Testing (POCT) Specialist REACH Certificate Course is designed to advance the skills, knowledge, and competencies of health care professionals who manage point-of-care laboratory testing, or professionals who wish to gain higher-level, specialist knowledge about POCT.
This REACH Certificate Course contains 8 modules, which you can complete at your own pace. Upon completion of the course and successful passing of the final assessment, you will receive a digital badge* to share on social media.
- Discuss regulatory requirements related to POCT.
- Outline the various types of POCT instrumentation, and detail necessary verification and validation processes for these instruments.
- Discuss concerns related to point-of-care connectivity, and technology.
- Describe quality control and quality assessment processes for POCT.
- Identify processes for specimen collection, and ensuring operator and patient safety in POCT.
course is ideal for current or aspiring MTs or MLTs, other laboratory
professionals, or anyone interested in gaining higher-level, specialist
knowledge about POCT.
Kimberly Cheuvront, PhD, MBA, MT (ASCP, AMT)
Robert Newberry, MT (AMT)
*Digital badge expires 2 years from completion date.