Point-of-Care Testing Specialist Certificate (5.0 CE and Digital Badge)
The Point-of-Care Testing (POCT) Specialist REACH Certificate Course is designed to advance the skills, knowledge, and competencies of health care professionals who manage point-of-care laboratory testing, or professionals who wish to gain higher-level, specialist knowledge about POCT.
This course covers critical POCT regulatory requirements, verification, and validation of POCT instruments, POCT device connectivity, quality control and quality assessment processes, as well as specimen collection and safety procedures to ensure operator and patient safety in POCT.This course is ideal for current or aspiring MTs or MLTs, other laboratory professionals, or anyone interested in gaining higher-level, specialist knowledge about POCT.
When you complete this REACH Certificate, you should be able to:
- Discuss regulatory requirements related to POCT.
- Outline the various types of POCT instrumentation, and detail necessary verification and validation processes for these instruments.
- Discuss concerns related to point-of-care connectivity, and technology.
- Describe quality control and quality assessment processes for POCT.
- Identify processes for specimen collection, and ensuring operator and patient safety in POCT.
Kimberly Cheuvront, PhD, MBA, MT (ASCP, AMT) has been certified with AMT since 1980. Dr. Cheuvront currently serves on the National Board of Directors for American Medical Technologists as the Judiciary Councilor. Kimberly is employed by WVU Medicine at Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown, WV, as the Quality Coordinator for Perioperative Services.
Robert Newberry, MT (AMT) has been certified with AMT since 2000. He currently serves as the Chairman of the AMT Government Affairs Committee. Robert is employed by Yuma Regional Medical Center in Yuma, AZ, as the Point-of-Care and Education Specialist.
*Digital Badge Expiration - 2 years from the completion date