Post-Traumatic Growth: Understanding and Treating PTSD (CE: 1.0)
50% of the U.S. population will experience a traumatic event during their lifetime, and 7-8% will develop post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD. This e-learning course describes how PTSD develops, common symptoms of PTSD, the impact of mental health stigma on patients, and steps medical professionals can take to diagnose and refer patients who may be suffering from PTSD.
- Describe different types of traumatic events and the circumstances which can lead to PTSD.
- Outline common symptoms associated with PTSD.
- Define mental health "stigma" and its potential impact on patients with PTSD.
- Explain the steps medical professionals can take to help patients who may be suffering from PTSD.
- Discuss various treatment options for PTSD.
Jeffrey Lavender, MBA, MT (AMT)