Measles Disease & Vaccination (CE: 2.0)
The presentation describes measles disease, recent measles epidemiology in the United States, and facts about the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine used in the United States. Facts about the MMR vaccine, including its recommended use, effectiveness, administration, storage, handling, and adverse events, will be covered.
- Communicate the importance of being vaccinated.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of measles.
- Explain how the measles virus is transmitted.
- Summarize facts and features of the MMR vaccine.
- Explain what health care workers should do if they suspect a case of measles.
Dr. Raymond A. Strikas MD, MPH, FACP, FIDSA CDC